Friday, September 01, 2023

Back to Hogwarts Celebrations, 'There's My Silver Lining'

 

Aha! The long awaited magical day arrived! Back to Hogwarts, September 1st, is now a worldwide celebration and I was ready to celebrate. On a personal note, just in time before the 1pm EST event started live streaming, a bad news erased itself from my life. Miracle! so, I was able to enjoy right down to my heart's core with Sara. 

This year we had our king sized, wall-mounted TV and the dedicated entertainment center to decorate for the event! I'd forgotten, but when I descended into the living room after resolving what seemed like a long World War, I was so happy to see the display she'd put up. I'd brought my Gryffindor scarf, Hedwig Build a Bear plush, and wand. We added the scarf and Hedwig to the display. 

Treats for the day were the limited edition Harry Potter Hershey's bars. Those bars are gorgeous! They have collectible wrappers with different scenes (First years going by boats via the Black Lake to Hogwarts, the flying Ford Anglia, Luna with the Spectrespecs, and so on). We got ours from our local Giant and I believe we didn't get all the collectible wraps so we are still hunting. 

Earlier that day around 6am when we fix breakfast for ourselves and Muggle parents, we watched some Stories from people in the UK who attended the 11am (London time) event at King's Cross Station. Each year, on September 1st, at 11 am, the station announces the departure call for the Hogwarts Express from Platform Nine and Three Quarters. Each year, the crowd numbers continue to increase. Each year, we make it a point to watch this event. 

In the afternoon I chopped up 2 dark chocolate Chocolate Frogs that had shipped from the Harry Potter Shop, NYC with an order of ours. It's easier to eat them when pieces have been made. I like the dark chocolate, it is subtle, not too bold. The collectible wizard cards were old though. I got Bertie Botts again. I plan on using them for scrapbooking. 

A little spotlight on Abbie's Adventure Board ... it was all festive for Back to Hogwarts. I printed out some graphics: a brick wall for the Platform Nine and Three Quarters feel, and a painting of the Hogwarts Express with Hogwarts castle in the background. The feels! I am going to leave that display on until I am ready to strip it down and put up Fall! 

There was a Chocolate Frog Instagram effect (I just figured it could've been a video instead of the photo I took! I need to work on my social (media) skills). I managed to find the right description for myself. 

WATCH THE REEL

HWHWHWHWHW

No comments:

Post a Comment