Friday, May 31, 2024

A Trip to the Garden Center

I stepped out of my comfort zone for this! When you have family members who are gardening enthusiasts, you can count on a trip to such a place in Spring or Summer time. I have been to a garden center many years ago. It was farther away from this one, huge, but not this aesthetically pleasing. This one did not disappoint. I was in need of color. So I went ready to take some great photos. It was partly cloudy, not humid, and a breeze had picked up. I was relieved it was not a typical early summer morning. 
**Instagram Reel "Trip to the Garden Center" playing at the end**
The signs pole had an Alice in Wonderland vibe. Nobody else was following these that day though, so carried away after the vibrant 'Croton Petra' plants we found ourselves inside the center's customer service area. It was were they kept their houseplants. On our way in we ran into a $7000+ concrete water fountain! 

I hoped I would run into Sylvester or Bella but they were perhaps being lazy somewhere. Maybe on my next visit I would make my acquaintance. I cruised around after the garden enthusiast family members. There were cacti that I am infamous for making dead. So I kept my distance. 
The Italian looking porcelain pots have got to be my favorite. I am disappointed I am not daring to get houseplants. I would, but I do not wish to trigger the temporary garden enthusiasts at home to dive into creating a Garden of Eden inside the house.  
I adore stepping stones. Again, Alice in Wonderland feels. But, they are an expensive investment priced at $35-40 per piece. So, I need to check how committed I am to the outdoors before I begin breaking the bank. These are solid concrete, and they need to sit on the stones bed. 
I helped pick out some varieties. Spider grass (not my most favorite) is a perennial (light green, top tier of cart). It's expected to be an evergreen which you keep trimming and it will continue spreading. Coleus plants are my favorite so far. Sitting at the bottom left they are the burgundy and the green and shocking pink leafed sun annuals. Initially, I had decided I won't permit my mother to get flowers considering the yellow jack (hornets) infestation that happened to our deck's cupula. But since the Coleus are themselves attracting pollinators, we might as well get the Marigolds! Hello bees! 

I am returning InshAllah to get a Dusty Miller for a $10 black urn planter I have ordered. I am starting slow, let's see how that goes. We are looking at a gothic arrangement that  shall be visiting daily (hopefully! fingers and toes crossed!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment