Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Spring Diaries 2024 Episode 01 - Playing Now

Spring 2024 Highlight Playing on Instagram. Click to Play!

A spectacular Spring began on a chirpy note and a total solar eclipse. Squirrels began playing around, going about their mischief and running up the trees, and birds returned to the garden buffet of worms! Haha! Eew! Even the little pond at my brother's place came alive as he added new Japanese Koi fish. Magnolias and Cherry Blossoms bloomed and I returned to the usual works - trying to stay off the burners though - while pretending to fly without wings. I need to keep reminding myself that the lead character in this story is 'Me' - we forgot that a while back. Do not make the same mistake twice, Precious!


 

Monsoon season brought muggy days, frequent pours, thundering storms, and humid nights, and basement flooding! Ignoring that last part and letting the waterproofers do their jobs, I am walking the the rain and listening to rain drops. The weather's been having mood swings. I wake up one day and there is a Code Orange heat wave. And then a cold front drops in and a hoodie is needed in the evenings.

There's been serious eating on account of Eid and Girl Scouts cookie season! Chunky's birthday called for birthday cake! And a mall day landed me headfirst into a sundae! A local Eid festival brought serious food trucks to town. Search for good Bobba continues ... I did find out that it is popping bobba that I am looking for. 

The festive kitchen vibes from Ramadan and Eid season transitioned to homestyle cookery as I took to seriously bringing back homestyle food. Kitchen decluttering and cleaning have also taken off. Pantry stocking happened yet again as we prepped for a Cicada-pocalypse (Cicada-mageddon) expected to start by June. 

 
I am focusing on pretty little things to wash away the unpleasant imagery encountered in daily life. Filming little objects like the macaroons my brother brought from France, the wild dandelions taking over the yard, and the yellow lilies I brought for myself, help being mindful and wash the negative imprints from the subconscious mind.  


Cruising the stores to check out Spring has been adorable. I picked a Just Because Hallmark card that was calling out my 2024 mantra "Rise and Kick Butt". 



Bridgerton (Netflix) has been all the buzz for me this season. Bath and Body Works launched a collection too! I have been enjoying the show as much as I can in my free time.  

 

May's been neverending and I have been taking things slow. The fast life ain't for me. I've been sporting the Spring vibes with my Lord of the Rings backpack buying watermelons and helping Sara decided which Summer/Spring mug to buy. 

The Spring and Summer vision board is ready! 



No comments:

Post a Comment