Tuesday, May 21, 2024

(Almost) Mid-Year Recap: Magical Adventures and Project 'Get-A-Grip'


Potterhead adventures and Project "Get A Grip" have been rolling out wonderfully this year. I'd say some things take efforts, some take great efforts, and some are just miracles made possible by Allah. *wink* Catch my drift, grab a cup of Chai, tea, chai tea, Cha! whatever you call your elixir ... I am having a conversation with myself. 

Things took off with magical adventures. I flew to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Orlando, FL) after 4 years of hiatus due to the pandemic, followed by life's mad rush and me forgetting how to have fun. I was sipping frozen Butterbeer and savoring divine scoops of Florean Fortescue's ice cream at Diagon Alley. Dragon fire above my head, happiness in my heart, and frozen goodness in my hands - a magical beginning, truly! I even got a photograph with the Hogwarts Choir and blended in perfectly! Shortly after I was applauding the cast of The Cursed Child at the Lyric Theatre (New York City). Yep! I got tickets to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the sensational Broadway play everyone's been raving about. On the same trip, I was spotted carrying Daily Prophet newsprint paper totes full of shopping from the Harry Potter Store, New York.  




New to a little thing called 'anxiety', there were some difficult days, and some seriously difficult days but I managed with focused stubbornness, medicine, and mostly Sara's support. Backstory --- After signaling 'Mayday!' in early December 2023, I had declared complete 'Transmission Failure'. Disclaimer: I had zero clue what anxiety meant until I drove myself to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack! I thought the nurse did not know any better when he took my vitals and asked if I had a history of anxietyWhy is this wise guy ignoring that I could possibly be dying? - But the Angel of Death did not walk in that day. 


I had been a complete buffoon, making a complete joke of my life, for the past couple of years. Extremely overloaded schedules (tackling 10 things in a 24 hour human day), work life balance derailed, off-tracks, big time!, extreme self neglect (ignored bathroom breaks and rushed meals), loss of control over life, and a distraught system of emotional management were eating away - freeloading - at the buffet of my health and sanity for a while. The buffoonery was put to rest because as anxiety became my new best friend, I became dead scared of how my mind and body reacted to the mistreatment I subjected it to. It's like they both teamed up to teach me a lesson, went into 'fight or flight mode' and well ... Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! 

Project "Get A Grip" (2024) - a 360 degree lifestyle change - the king of all paradigm shifts followed after that well-deserved godsend kick on the rear. Key activities (as far as I can recall right now) have been:
  • "Extreme" Decluttering 
  • Reorganizing using ADHD tips 
  • Journaling
  • Blogging
  • Creative writing
  • Cooking and Foodie blogging
  • Spiritual learning and prayer routines
  • Boss Planning! (being my own boss and curating a daily plan with fun and self-care included)
  • Assertive communication and personal boundaries
  • Stepping out of the comfort zone

I intend to write about all the above in great detail Insha'Allah. Soon!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment