Thursday, April 27, 2023

Harry Potter to Conquer Television


Finally! A age old wish coming true! Harry Potter is going to be a TV show and Rowling is on board. Warner Brothers is calling it a 'faithful adaptation'. How wonderful! The world needs more Harry Potter. And, I need more merch. Haha! There were so many magical tidbits that were left out of the movies. It's looking like a decade of serious magical TV goodness starting 2025. I am looking at a lifetime of Potterhead mania. I'm set to enjoy classic, good, magical TV time from the time I turn 39 to the time I blow my 49th candle!

Harry Potter has become more a phenomenon, safe to say even a lifestyle, over the years since the last movie came out in 2010. The Wizarding World is a self sustaining universe with real life experiences. There are theme parks, traveling exhibitions, a Broadway play, iconic shops, and studio tours. The fandom has grown to become a cult. Social media influencers are celebrities in their own domains. Simplest of daily accessories like my DIY jean crossbody bag pinned with HP patches is a conversation starter at the most mundane of places (doctors' offices in my case!). It's a sense of belonging that I personally enjoy. The world is transforming into an intolerant jerk land. This is what makes it a bit easier to exist in.

Fans have 'mixed feelings' - I am hearing that word quite a bit. Fingers crossed! I hope they keep the Golden Trio as they were and the look and feel of the Wizarding World stays the same. I have faith in Rowling to keep it true to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment